Re: [Freeciv-Dev] helicopters no longer lose HP

To: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [Freeciv-Dev] helicopters no longer lose HP
From: Daniel Burrows <Daniel_Burrows@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 17 Feb 1999 18:04:46 -0500

On Wed, Feb 17, 1999 at 05:42:56PM -0500, Greg Wooledge was heard to say:
> Greg Wooledge (ic5035%tss1crs.amgreetings.com@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx) wrote:
>
> > I don't have the United Nations wonder (it's not built in this game),
> > but my Helicopters aren't losing HP (fuel) when they spend turns
> > outside cities.  I haven't looked to see what's happening.
>
> I still haven't tried to track down the bug, but here's some additional
> information.  Helicopters will lose HP when they hold still for a whole
> turn; but if they're moving, they do not lose HP.  I suspect this is
> tied in to the "units only regenerate when they hold still" patch.

  Ok, this was my fault.  I think the attached patch should fix things but
I don't have a game handy with helicopters.  The semantics of
hitpoint-regeneration with this are:

* The United Nations and helicopter effect are applied regardless of unit
  type.
* If a unit has moved, hp_gain_coord() returns 0 for it; otherwise it returns
  the normal value.
* hp_gain_cord() gives a bonus to units on fortresses or cities, regenerates
 units in cities with a barracks/port/airport entirely, and gives a bonus
 to fortified funits.

--
  Daniel Burrows

"When I get a little money, I buy books.  If I have any left over, I buy
 food and water."

  -- methinks that the person who said this was shopping for course textbooks
    at the Brown Bookstore.