Re: [Freeciv-Dev] configure error

To: David Pfitzner <dwp@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: chris.luck@xxxxxxx, freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [Freeciv-Dev] configure error
From: Mitch Davis <mjd@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 03 Feb 1999 14:23:45 +1100

David Pfitzner wrote:

> CHRIS LUCK wrote:
> >
> > I'm getting the following configure error for FreeCiv 1.7.2 on Slackware
> > 3.6 Kernel 2.0.35
> >
> > checking for sys/ioctl.h... no
> > checking for sys/time.h... no
> > checking for unistd.h... no
> > checking for X11/xpm.h... no
>
> You mean there is a file /usr/X11/include/X11/xpm.h yes?
>
> Strange, I would have thought it should already be looking there
> after it finds the X libs.

> Or maybe: are you setting your own CFLAGS, CPPFLAGS or similar?

What surprises me the most is that it's not finding unistd.h.
If it can't find that, then it points to problems other than
being unable to find the X libs/headers.  And unless the
CFLAGS or CPPFLAGS are set to something wierd, like
-We,nostdinc, then no amount of fiddling with CFLAGS and
CPPFLAGS should prevent /usr/include/unistd.h from being found.

Regards,

Mitch.
--
| mailto:mjd@xxxxxxxxxx       | Not the official view of: |