Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: January 1999:
Re: [Freeciv-Dev] Civ2 vs. Freeciv differences

To: Freeciv developers <freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Freeciv-Dev] Civ2 vs. Freeciv differences
From: Greg Wooledge <wooledge@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 28 Jan 1999 18:47:35 -0500

Reinier Post (rp@xxxxxxxxxx) wrote:

> Great list ...
>
> > * Engineers and Settlers may combine efforts.
>
> I've planned to implement this for a long time.  If someone else decides
> to do it, please let me know.

Well, I submitted a patch earlier today... (and forgot to change my
e-mail address from work -- oops).

> >   It makes sense not to offer the Eiffel Tower wonder, since the AI has
> >   no concept of peaceful relations.  It only knows war.
>
> But the AI can evolve, and many of us never play against it anyway.

But the Eiffel Tower makes even less sense in a multi-player game.
How could it make your human opponents like you more?

--
Greg Wooledge                    | Distributed.NET http://www.distributed.net/
wooledge@xxxxxxxxxxx             | because a CPU is a terrible thing to waste.