Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: January 1999:
[Freeciv-Dev] clicking

To: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] clicking
From: Mika Korhonen <mikak@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 18 Jan 1999 18:09:52 +0200 (EET DST)

Sometimes it's just those little things that annoy me. When something is
just a click too far. I don't know - maybe that's because it reminds me
from... Windows. :)

In Freeciv there's at least the citydlg and where you change the production
of the city. I'd prefer if the change was made at once as I click it on the
list without being then forced to click the change button. That itself was
easy to made (just change the callback) but the help button then wouldn't
help :)

There remains a couple of options: a togglable Help button like in that
pick your next tech dialog or another approach: to use the right button (or
whatever, shift click or something - problem with Xaw?). For the beginning
the Help thing is great but from then on I like more the fluency.

Got to look if there are more dialogs that could be done with less clicks.

clickclick let's get rid of those extra ones, wishes

        Mika
History tends to exaggerate.
                -- Col. Green, "The Savage Curtain", stardate 5906.4

sloppy focus rules...