Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: January 1999:
Re: [Freeciv-Dev] helpdata.txt patch - terrain alterations

To: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [Freeciv-Dev] helpdata.txt patch - terrain alterations
From: David Pfitzner <dwp@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 18 Jan 1999 13:08:25 +1100

Greg Wooledge wrote:

> This adds a Terrain Alterations section to the terrain help.

Excellent.

> +Plains, Grasslands, Deserts and Hills can be irrigated.

> +Desert, Hills and Mountains can be mined.

I think its said elsewhere, but it may be good to point out
here that hills and deserts can be irrigated or mined, but
not both at the same time.

> +Roads and railroads can be built on any square except Ocean.  (To
> +build a road or railroad on a River square, though, you must know
> +Bridge Building.)

Perhaps say that to build a railroad, you must first build a
road on that square.

>  also, units inside
> +a fortress must be destroyed one at a time.

All of us here probably understand what this means, but perhaps
this could be made clearer?

-- David