Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: January 1999:
Re: [Freeciv-Dev] Patch, make it possible to detect required buildings

To: caz@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Cc: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [Freeciv-Dev] Patch, make it possible to detect required buildings
From: David Pfitzner <dwp@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 13 Jan 1999 21:55:16 +1100

Lindqvist Marko <caz@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>  There's several buildings that require another building being already
> built in the city. After next few changes such buildings would be easier
> to detect.

>  Add entry B_NONE to improvement type id:s

We can probably just use the existing B_LAST as a flag value
to mean none?

>  Add B_NONE as required building to all buildings
> at improvement_types -array except:
>
>  - Bank        requires B_MARKETPLACE
>  - Mfg. Plant           B_FACTORY
>  - Research lab         B_UNIVERSITY
>  - Sewer system         B_AQUEDUCT
>  - Stock exchange       B_BANK
>  - University           B_LIBRARY

I think in principle this sort of thing is a good idea.
Another similar case would be when a wonder replaces
(gives the same effect as) an improvement.

These would make sense to add to my rulesets patch, which
currently only does a half-hearted effort at generalising
building rules.  A somewhat recent but probably already
out of date version of rulesets is at:
http://msowww.anu.edu.au/~dwp/freeciv/patches/rs_new2a.diff.gz

-- David