Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: January 1999:
Re: [Freeciv-Dev] diplomat patch version 3

To: Tony & <stuckey@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [Freeciv-Dev] diplomat patch version 3
From: Nicolas BRUNEL <brunel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 9 Jan 1999 00:17:03 +0100 (CET)

On Thu, 7 Jan 1999, Tony & wrote:

> On Thu, Dec 31, 1998 at 07:51:01PM +0100, Nicolas BRUNEL wrote:
> > In this patch ai will build a diplomat whenever an ennemy diplomat or boat
> > is close enough to a town.
> > If ai hasn't learned yet about writing,
> > ai will try to get this knowledge.
> > Ai will also check that the place where it wants to build
> > isn't within range of an ennemy military ground unit or a diplomat.
>
>       It would be a good idea to also increase the value of Espionage.

Writing needs only alphabet to be found.
Espionage is knowledge 34.
It is true that in game with high techlevel, espionage
may be found by one research.

>       Civ2 also documents that Courthouses help protect against city
> bribery.

True cost *=2 if there is a courhouse in the town.

>This isn't implemented in Freeciv.

I don't know. May be we can value a bit more courthouses if
a diplomat threat has been detected.
I think there is not a lot of global concepts for ai.
No truce no zone of influence no global effort to takeover
someone in science and so on...

By,