Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: December 1998:
[Freeciv-Dev] some new unit graphics

To: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] some new unit graphics
From: David Pfitzner <dwp@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 30 Dec 1998 23:03:31 +1100

Hi all,

For fun, I've been trying to create some new freeciv unit
graphics.  My results so far are at:
  http://msowww.anu.edu.au/~dwp/freeciv/patches/units_dwp1.xpm
This is the current units.xpm with the new icons added in; the
new icons are 30x30 like the originals; the palette is based on
the union of the palettes in units.xpm, tiles.xpm and small.xpm,
plus those in client/colors.c, and a few new colors.
The style is quite different to the existing icons.

There are 13 new units: basically the pre-gunpowder land units.
Plus a "new" artillery icon, which was submitted by Frank Muzzulini
(muzz@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx) back in August.  (With some minor
changes by me; I was just touching this up, then one thing led
to another and I ended up drawing new units ;-)

I quite like my new icons, but maybe I'm biased :-)

-- David  (with some help from the Gimp, natch').