Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: December 1998:
[Freeciv-Dev] unavailable land bug

To: Freeciv Development List <freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] unavailable land bug
From: "Andrew E. Schulman" <andrex@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 11 Dec 1998 16:25:44 -0500

In large games I'm seeing a bug in the city popup window, where land that
should be available to me is red-bordered and unavailable.  This includes:

- some squares where I had put my workers and where no enemy units have
crossed since.
- some squares that are occupied by my units at that time, and that aren't
even in any other city's range.

As you can imagine, this is irritating when the squares in question are
hills/coal/mines or other important things.  Has anyone else observed this?

The problem goes away when I save and reload, so I can't provide a save
file that immediately shows it.  But some cities tend to be troublesome,
and the problem will probably recur there if the game is played for a few
turns.  I have a save file if anyone's interested.

Andrew.

Andrew E. Schulman
Biometry and Field Studies Branch
National Institute of Neurological Disorders and Stroke
7550 Wisconsin Ave. Room 7C08
Bethesda, MD 20892
(301) 496-4795
(301) 496-3444 fax