Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: December 1998:
[Freeciv-Dev] Patch for documentation updates

To: Freeciv Developers <freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Patch for documentation updates
From: Mitch Davis <mjd@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 11 Dec 1998 19:06:25 +0000

Dear Freeciv team,

I've been working on polishing the documentation for 1.7.2.
I'm about 2/3 through.

I've attached the patch, and I'd appreciate comments.
I would especially like comments on where I've got
"FIXME"s.

Some of the changes throw diff quite badly, so I've
compressed them, rather than make them human-readable.

My suggestion is to apply the patch, then read the
patched files, rather than read the patch itself.

Regards,

Mitch.

Changelist:

- Updated AUTHORS:

 - Removed people who did not contribute to the 1.7 series.
 - Verified that everyone in the ChangeLog is in this file.
 - Added Dave to the administrators (hi dave!)

- Updated ChangeLog:

 - Trent slipped while typing his email address, so the script
   didn't find him.  Fixed.

- Updated HOWTOPLAY:

 - Fixed grammar.
 - Rearranged, so that strategy is first, and options is later.
 - Made mention of Greggurabi's 12 steps.
 - Made mention of Dave's techtree.

- Updated INSTALL:

 - Now only contains configuration, installing and compiling! :-)
 - Added prerequisite section.
 - Rewrote lots of stuff.

- Updated README:

 - Now only contains README-stuff!!
 - Added introduction section.
 - Moved website section to the front.
 - Added pointer to the GPL.
 - Beefed up instructions on running the server and client.
 - Updated the list of server commands.
 - Clarified non-localhost example.
 - Clarified AI creation.
 - Clarified purpose of metaserver.
 - Improved bug-reporting section.
 - Improved section on mailing lists and new releases.