Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: December 1998:
[Freeciv-Dev] Cosmetic changes to server texts.

To: Freeciv Developers <freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Cosmetic changes to server texts.
From: Mitch Davis <mjd@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 11 Dec 1998 19:18:08 +0000

Dear Freeciv team,

I've made some cosmetic changes to the text the server emits.
Some of it was to support the document changes, and some of
it was to fix problems that had been annoying me for ages.

Changelog:

 - Rationalised prompt printing, so we only get one when we
   need it.  It makes startup look a lot nicer.
 - Added an int return to the metaserver send routines, so
   callers know whether it was successful or not.
 - Unfolded some routines to avoid lots of elses or long ifs.
   Basically, if a routine could drop out, drop out immediately
   with return, rather than skip an if or else if until the end.
 - Changed the format of human players from player[someplace] to
   <player@someplace>.  It's more like other things we see, like
   mail addresses.
 - Made some messages correctly handle singular cases.
 - Made the list command (and the corresponding client command)
   look nicer for AI players.
 - Changed the default meta-server info line from "Blood's Music II"
   to "(default)".  Kinda boring I know... :-(
 - Warn the server-op if they try a "meta" command, and we can't
   send to the metaserver.
 - Changed "help_command()" to "explain_option()".
 - Patched the stdin handler so blank lines are ignored.
 - "Help" now does what "h" does.  Explaining options is now
   done by "explain".

Regards,

Mitch.