Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: December 1998:
Re: [Freeciv-Dev] known bugs

To: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [Freeciv-Dev] known bugs
From: schaefer@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx (Peter Schaefer)
Date: Wed, 9 Dec 1998 15:34:13 +0100

 - When a city builds a settler, city size is reduced by one, and
   a worker is freed. The freed square's red marker('worked on')
   is not broadcasted to the client.
 - I have been submitting a patch for a similar problem.
   I don't really remember whether it has the following problem,
   here is a description:
        The ai fiddles with workers in some places, maybe by
        removing them and placing them again.
        This just might cause a big flow of messages if
        all these changes are broadcasted to client.
   However, I hope/think the updating is done from the wrapper
   functions, not the fiddling(basic) functions.
   (patch is in cvs and works fine, btw.)
 - there is no 'very peaceful' mode to ai.
   It would be useful if the server owner could place an ai
   in peaceful mode so that it can step in for a player who
   isn't at war and is gone for a few minutes.
 - in addition, it would be useful to maintain an
   'aggression index' for every player combination, such that the ai
   acts emotionally smart, i.e. attacks players it is attacked by,
   but stays peaceful (see 'peaceful mode') otherwise.
   The agression index should be a fair summing up of damage done/
   received by the other player. Eiffels Tower might make a comeback.
   (Someone suggested this before).
 - the chance to win a technology from a hut should be related to
   the cost of researching it(times (100-freecost)/100).
   As a hut usually gives 100 money at most, technology should
   average at about 100 points too( so you have a 50% chance if
   you current research cost is 200 bulbs ).

Well, I'm not working on any of these now, maybe someone has
done this already ;-)

--
Peter Schaefer           mailto:schaefer@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
coz' hackers LOVE irix