Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: December 1998:
[Freeciv-Dev] known bugs

To: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] known bugs
From: David Pfitzner <dwp@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 9 Dec 1998 09:50:25 +1100

The following are bugs which I'm aware of which I don't think are
serious enough to stop us releasing 1.7.2, and which should be
listed as "known bugs" in the docs for 1.7.2:

 - The easy AI is not easy enough.  If the AI is beating you up early
   in the game, try setting the "generator" server option to 2 or 3.
 - The hard AI is not hard enough, and still does some stupid things.
 - If you scroll to the bottom of the map, sometimes the bottom row
   of squares is not fully visible.  As a work-around, try adjusting
   the size of the client window.
 - If you use non-zero diplcost and exchange techs using treaties,
   the science report can show negative research.  This is intentional.
   The bug is that if you exchange enough techs, the research can
   change from a large negative number to a large positive number.
   Actually this is mostly a cosmetic problem - the value used in the
   server should still be the correct large negative number.
 - If a city with a wonder is destroyed, you can't rebuild the wonder
   elsewhere.  This is intentional.  There is a bug that if you save
   and reload in this situation, then you do get to rebuild the wonder.
 - On large maps, goto can get slow.

Are there any other bugs which should be mentioned or which
need to be addressed?  (One I'm aware of which needs to be looked
at is the europe.sav segfault/hang reported by Andrew Schulman.)

(I think the main outstanding bug at the moment is that some of
the docs need to be updated, particularly regarding new configure
options.)

-- David