Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: November 1998:
Re: [Freeciv-Dev] zoc from boats, was Re: [Freeciv] Some remarks

To: Nicolas BRUNEL <brunel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [Freeciv-Dev] zoc from boats, was Re: [Freeciv] Some remarks
From: Mitch Davis <mjd@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 26 Nov 1998 17:24:43 +1100

Nicolas BRUNEL wrote:

> > > Right, its the same in Civ1, and I've heard that its the same in Civ2.
> > > "Units moving from a boat at sea onto land are not affected by ZOC".
> > >
> > > So I think we should change this in freeciv.
>
> I was a bit disapointed not be abble to land my units in an empty
> ennemy city.

This is as designed, and isn't about zone of control.  ZOC is
a concept associated with enemy units, not enemy cities.

You cannot land units in empty enemy cities in Freeciv, and you
cannot do it in any of Civ 1, CivNet or Freeciv, unless (afaicr)
the unit is a Marine.

Here's a question:  Can you land a Marine in an empty enemy city
in Freeciv?

Regards,

Mitch.
--