Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: November 1998:
Re: [Freeciv-Dev] LinuxCare providing free JitterBug service

Subject: Re: [Freeciv-Dev] LinuxCare providing free JitterBug service
From: Lalo Martins <lalo@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 25 Nov 1998 22:11:45 -0200

We have the Debian BTS which developers can use. They're not in
any way exclusive for debian users, anyone can report a bug and
read the list (yes, there's the fact that only the maintainer
can close a bug). In http://www.debian.org/Bugs/ you can search
for all bugs in package "freeciv":

http://www.debian.org/Bugs/db/pa/lfreeciv.html

We could also produce a version of Debian's "bug" utility
(submits bug reports easily) and precofigure it with FreeCiv's
version.

In particular, if I start to make packages of CVS snapshots for
experimental (which I intend to do once I get over some problems
with my connectivity), this would make things even easier
version-wise - bugs from non-debianers would be submitted
against the latest CVS snapshot (something like
1.7.1+cvs19981125)

Of course if FreeCiv decides to use the JitterBug in LinuxCare,
I could setup a script to forward to there all bugs subitted to
Debian's BTS.

[]s,
                                               +----
--
     And the sign said the words of the prophets
 are written on the subway walls and tenement halls