Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: November 1998:
Re: [Freeciv-Dev] LinuxCare providing free JitterBug service

To: lalo@xxxxxxxxxx
Cc: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [Freeciv-Dev] LinuxCare providing free JitterBug service
From: David Pfitzner <dwp@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 27 Nov 1998 11:23:45 +1100

Lalo Martins wrote:

> We have the Debian BTS which developers can use.

While I think http://www.debian.org/Bugs/db/pa/lfreeciv.html
is a useful resource for getting more reports from users, I don't
think freeciv should use the Debian BTS as its primary bug
tracking system.

- Having a separate system would allow us more flexibility and
  control of how we run things.

- Strictly Debian issues (eg, packaging issues, xaw-wrappers)
  can stay on the Debian BTS.

- Non-Debian issues (eg, freeciv on non-Debian platforms, and
  particularly non-Linux platforms) I would think _don't_ belong
  on the Debian BTS.

-- David