Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: November 1998:
Re: [Freeciv-Dev] no more red squares in city popup?

To: "Andrew E. Schulman" <andrex@xxxxxxxxxxx>, Freeciv Development List <freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Freeciv-Dev] no more red squares in city popup?
From: Tony & <stuckey@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 19 Nov 1998 11:01:47 -0600

On Thu, Nov 19, 1998 at 11:40:43AM -0500, Andrew E. Schulman wrote:
> In CVS 11/19, in the city popup windows, I'm not seeing a lot of the red
> squares that used to border unavailable land.  In particular when another
> friendly city's workers occupy a space, the red squares aren't showing up.
> Was this a deliberate choice on the part of developers, or is it a bug?
> It's reproducible and I have a save file.  Andrew.

        The red square code is "horribly broken" anyway.  If you discover
squares inside an existing city radius, they aren't available immediately.
This needs to be fixed.  Building cities on the frontier shouldn't be
limited like this.
--
Anthony J. Stuckey                              stuckey@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
"When I was young, the sky was filled with stars.