Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: November 1998:
Re: [Freeciv-Dev] GTK

To: Mitch Davis <mjd@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [Freeciv-Dev] GTK
From: Mirar <mirar@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: 18 Nov 1998 23:03:39 +0100

> The current GTK version is not in CVS.  Part of this is
> because the current GTK port doesn't have an abstraction
> layer, so there are two citydlg.c's, etc.  There is no
> easy way to have CVS accomodate this.

How about a CVS branch, for now?

> I'd like to see the GTK port go out for 1.8, but I'm
> still undecided on how to cater for this in CVS, especially
> if there are two-of-everything.  (Sounds like Noah's ark..)

Well, you probably can do one of these:

o Let there be two files, and have configure tell Makefile which
  should be used.

o Use

  #ifdef LIKE_USE_GTK
  --gtk file--
  #else
  --xaw file--
  #endif

  with the files included or explicit inserted in the file.

Can I have the GTK port, anyway? I want to try it out. :)

/Mirar