Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: November 1998:
Re: [Freeciv-Dev] GTK

To: Mirar <mirar@xxxxxxxxx>
Cc: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [Freeciv-Dev] GTK
From: Mitch Davis <mjd@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 18 Nov 1998 21:53:32 +0000

Mirar wrote:

> Is the GTK branch in CVS? I tried the GTK1.6 branch, but it doesn't
> look GTK in any way.

The current GTK version is not in CVS.  Part of this is
because the current GTK port doesn't have an abstraction
layer, so there are two citydlg.c's, etc.  There is no
easy way to have CVS accomodate this.

I'd like to see the GTK port go out for 1.8, but I'm
still undecided on how to cater for this in CVS, especially
if there are two-of-everything.  (Sounds like Noah's ark..)

If the abstraction layer were in place, then it would be
substantially easier:  Only one citydlg.c, etc, which
can be in the same place as the current one, and some
additional libraries which do the concrete work according
to the desired windowing system.

Mitch.