Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: November 1998:
Re: [Freeciv-Dev] CVS: dwp: Attempt at improving detection of X11 librar

To: Reinier Post <rp@xxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: Freeciv developers <freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Freeciv-Dev] CVS: dwp: Attempt at improving detection of X11 libraries...
From: Greg Wooledge <wooledge@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 16 Nov 1998 19:02:42 -0500

Reinier Post (rp@xxxxxxxxxx) wrote:

> The attempts are much appreciated, but I still haven't been able to get
> ./configure to run.

> Our Xpm library is on /usr/local/{include,X11} while X11 is in /usr/openwin.
> This was mentioned earlier as a possible problem.

I'd like to see this.  Could you please send me the following files after
doing 'rm config.cache; ./configure':

config.log
config.cache (if it gets that far)
client/Makefile (if it gets that far)

Also let me know which compiler you're using, and whether you've got
GNU binutils installed (try 'ld --version').

I can't promise to be able to fix it, but I do promise to try. :-)

--
"Daddy, why do those people have to    |   Greg Wooledge
  use Microsoft Windows?"              |   wooledge@xxxxxxxxxxx