Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: November 1998:
Re: [Freeciv-Dev] gettext support

To: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [Freeciv-Dev] gettext support
From: Greg Wooledge <wooledge@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 13 Nov 1998 19:59:32 -0500

Per Mathisen (permath@xxxxxxxxxxx) wrote:

> I have written the beginnings of gettext support for freeciv.

This sounds like a worthy goal, but it'll have to be done all at once,
since it touches just about every source file.

But then, I've never actually used gettext myself. ;-)

> Could this be put into the roadmap somewhere? I would prefer 1.7.3 myself;

1.8 may be better, because this is an extensive change (as you mention).

> Oh, and what do people in general think about the new configure.in below?
> Is it the way to go or just a waste of time?

I didn't see any code to check for both --with-xaw and --with-gtk.
Aren't they mutually exclusive?  It needs a sanity check.

I'm still new to autoconf/automake.  Your patch shows a *huge* change
to aclocal.m4.  Is the current aclocal.m4 something that's automatically
generated, or is it a file that was customized?  It *looks* like it's
auto-generated; I don't see anything specific to Freeciv in it.

--
"Daddy, why do those people have to    |   Greg Wooledge
  use Microsoft Windows?"              |   wooledge@xxxxxxxxxxx