Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: November 1998:
[Freeciv-Dev] Civil war patch and ruleset.

To: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Civil war patch and ruleset.
From: Nicolas BRUNEL <brunel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 12 Nov 1998 21:39:26 +0100 (CET)

Hello,

 - it's good to have Civil war in freeciv.
I think the idea of teleporting units strange.
How during a civil war units can journey faster
than any other units during the whole game ?
If it is possible why nations at peace with full control
over their territories can't do it ?
I'd prefer that units in a stack either slay each other or
move randomly one adjacent and ennemy free square.
About the sharing of knowledge, it may led
to strange cases where a player owning armor has to find the wheel.
May be only the latest knowledge will be shared.
The old ones will be common to all parts of the collapsing empire.

-Concerning ruleset, i was happy to come back to civI.
But it reminds me of another game Xconq where ai is soo dump.
In this game, there is no predefinite units, terrains or rules.
It's impossible to have a good ai for Xconq.

It would funny if the ruleset langague  sticks to GDL : the lisp like
langague
of Xconq so that someone with time enough can clone freeciv using GDL.

Bye,

 Nicolas BRUNEL
 LIM Case 901,
 163 Avenue de Luminy             brunel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
 13288 Marseille Cedex 9  France  tel +33 04 9182 (8524) fax 9275