Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: November 1998:
[Freeciv-Dev] Here is the civil war patch

To: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Cc: dwp@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx, mjd@xxxxxxxxxx, kris@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Here is the civil war patch
From: Kris Bubendorfer <Kris.Bubendorfer@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 11 Nov 1998 12:09:26 +1300

Hi all,

The civil war patch is finally done and diff'd to the cvs.

1.  Set civilwarsize to 1000 to turn OFF civil wars - otherwise civil wars
occur from 6 cities (adjustable).

2.  Civil wars effect EVERY player.

3.  Units outside cities at the time of a civil war are left in place unless
there is a new enemy in it's stack.  This is resolved by teleporting the units
most distant from a friendly city home.  NO UNITS are lost.  Transports do now
work.

4.  Gold is split in 1/2 and science is shared.

5.  The rebel leader will get at most 1/2 of the original cities (selected
randomly).

OK.  Well as you can imagine this is a huge patch with my footprints in a
large number of files.  I have tested it as well as I can, now it's over to
you lot - I expect some bugs, it was hard after all.

Have fun.

Cheers Kris...