Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: November 1998:
Re: [Freeciv-Dev] FreeCiv coredump

To: Massimo Campostrini <campo@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [Freeciv-Dev] FreeCiv coredump
From: Mitch Davis <mjd@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 04 Nov 1998 19:10:55 +1100

Massimo Campostrini wrote:

> Mitch Davis <mjd@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> writes:
>
> > > 406       XtVaGetValues(map_canvas, XtNheight, &h, XtNwidth, &w);
> >
> > Dear John,
> >
> > This is a known problem with Freeciv 1.7.1 on non-Intel platforms.
> > You can do a hack-fix by adding ", NULL" to line 406, or you can
> > try a more recent version of Freeciv from the cvs snapshot directory:
>
> That would be a bug-fix, not a hack-fix. ;-)

I meant from the Freeciv perspective, not the Xt perspective.

I would prefer him to grab the latest CVS copy, but if he's in
a hurry and _must_ get 1.7.1 going, then that's how to do it.

If he persists with 1.7.1, why he's likely to encounter more bugs
we've found and fixed.  If he grabs the new CVS version, he's got
a whole new set of undiagnosed bugs to be confounded by, and that
sounds much more exciting and entertaining!!  Note, big ;-)

> I hope all the instances of XtVaXxx are properly NULL-terminated in
> the latest CVS.

I would too!

Regards,

Mitch.