Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-data: March 2004:
[freeciv-data] Re: Age of Empires Modpack - Tileset

To: freeciv-data@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [freeciv-data] Re: Age of Empires Modpack - Tileset
From: "Karl Fishman" <cdf30@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 16 Mar 2004 17:14:59 +0000

From: Daniel L Speyer <dspeyer@xxxxxxxxxxx>
To: freeciv-data@xxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Mon, 15 Mar 2004 16:23:02 -0500 (EST)

On Mon, 15 Mar 2004, Karl Fishman wrote:

> I've recently started developing a modpack based on the Age of Empires
> technology tree / units etc. I have been using for testing graphics which
> are hacked from the Help file. Would these be considered 'proprietary
> graphics used without permission' (like the C-evo tileset) or not? They are
> freely available with the trial version.

Yes, these are.

I suspected this might be the answer.
However, there may be similar free images in existence.  You might want to
look through freeciv's various tilesets (which are free) and find images
that will work, even if they don't *quite* have the visual appeal of the
originals.  Feel free to mix and match!

I will do this at some point (when the modpack is closer to finished than it is now).

Karl Fishman
--Daniel Speyer
If you *don't* consider sharing information to be morally equivalent to
kidnapping and murder on the high seas, you probably shouldn't use the
phrase "software piracy."

Sign-up for a FREE BT Broadband connection today! http://www.msn.co.uk/specials/btbroadband