Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-data: March 2004:
[freeciv-data] Re: Betr: Re: Age of Empires Modpack - Tileset

To: freeciv-data@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [freeciv-data] Re: Betr: Re: Age of Empires Modpack - Tileset
From: "Karl Fishman" <cdf30@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 18 Mar 2004 21:19:59 +0000

From: "CapTVK" <thomas@xxxxxxxxxx>
To: freeciv-data@xxxxxxxxxxx, freeciv-data@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [freeciv-data] Betr: Re: Age of Empires Modpack - Tileset
Date: Tue, 16 Mar 2004 00:07:29 +0100

But what if one ownes a legal copy of "Age of Empires"? Does the the problem of using a AoE tileset for personal use exist then? You could include a graphic convertor which converts the graphics from AoE to the Freeciv format. Civ2gfx
works in the same way for Civ2.

Thomas (CapTVK)

The images are not separate from the help file, so doing this would involve finding the images in the help file, which I have no idea how to do.

Karl Fishman

Irrelevant. They are still copyrighted and not licensed to us for
distribution.

> I've attached the PNG file
>f anyone wants to look at them.

freeciv-data doesn't take attachments. Do not resend it, either, because
doing so would be a copyright violation.

Sorry for being so anal about this, but that's the way the laws are
written.

  - Per

Bent u toe aan sneller en goedkoper internet?
Ga dan naar http://adsl.tiscali.nl

Express yourself with cool emoticons - download MSN Messenger today! http://www.msn.co.uk/messenger