Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-data: September 2002:
[freeciv-data] Re: General graphics for Freeciv-feedback request

To: freeciv-data@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [freeciv-data] Re: General graphics for Freeciv-feedback request
From: "Per I. Mathisen" <per@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 12 Sep 2002 22:39:28 +0000 (GMT)

On Fri, 13 Sep 2002, T.J.T van Kooten wrote:
> I'm asking this to find out what is the best way to release
> them and prevent future problems:

You don't get additional protection by slapping a GPL on the scans. The
only "protection" that might be involved would be protection against
warranties, but since that doesn't really apply to pictures, that point is
moot.

So I don't really see any good reason why they shouldn't be PD. Since none
of us can claim that our creative work went into their creation, it would
be kind of strange to claim any copyright to them.

Yours
Per

"I don't see why people are so upset about cloning sheep. American
television networks have been doing that to their audiences for years."
-- Jello Biafra