Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-data: January 2002:
[freeciv-data] Re: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: Technical questions (numbered tile

To: freeciv-dev <freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>, Freeciv data/ <freeciv-data@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [freeciv-data] Re: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: Technical questions (numbered tile markers )
From: Jules Bean <jules@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 9 Jan 2002 12:45:23 +0000

On Tue, Jan 08, 2002 at 07:30:04PM +0100, Reinier Post wrote:
> On Tue, Jan 08, 2002 at 06:54:33PM +0200, Teemu Kurppa wrote:
>
> > And is there CVS for Freeciv manuals ? So that I could add the description
> > and examples of the marker usage.
>
> The manuals are in CVS but I don't think they actually have a maintainer.
>
> I am looking for advice on how to give a person CVS write access to
> a subtree of a CVS repository, using the ext method and Unix accounts
> and permissions.  I have managed to make it work for translators in the
> past, but I never knew the correct procedure.

A typical approach would be to use groups.  You have a 'freeciv' group
(which is most of the tree) and a 'freeciv-doc' group which is only
the doc tree.

Then most of the tree is chgrp freeciv, but the manuals are chgrp
freeciv-doc. Then you add users to freeciv-doc (only) if you want them
to be able to work on just the docs, but you add them to both groups
if you want them to be able to work anywhere.

Jules