Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-data: September 2001:
[freeciv-data] Re: how to contribute a nation? (was: Burmese nation)

To: freeciv-data@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [freeciv-data] Re: how to contribute a nation? (was: Burmese nation)
From: Jeff Mallatt <jjm@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 02 Sep 2001 10:33:23 -0400

At 2001/09/02 10:21 , Reinier Post wrote:

>[from a discussion on freeciv-dev]
>
>> Hello,
>>
>> sorry, what's a "standard nation"?
>>
>> Regards
>> Heiko
>>
>> Reinier Post wrote:

>A nation such as found under the second URL.
>
>I notice the documentation on the website on creating nations is lacking.

Did you look at <http://www.freeciv.org/rtsets.html>?

It is somewhat sparse, but it does give a quick run-down of what is needed
and what is important (e.g., using the existing palettes).

>The most useful message on the lists I can find is
>
>  http://arch.freeciv.org/freeciv-dev-200107/msg00142.html

Hum.  This looks like it doesn't say anything.

>Does one of the nation maintainers feel like writing a short
>'how to contribute a Freeciv nation' guide?

It would be nice to extend the Rulesets/Tilesets page (the one I referenced
above).

jjm