Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-data: January 2001:
[freeciv-data] Unit Addition: Awacs

To: freeciv-data@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [freeciv-data] Unit Addition: Awacs
From: Josh Cogliati <jjc@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 12 Jan 2001 19:20:58 -0700

Since the addition of fog of war, I think that freeciv is missing a
observing type unit.  I have added a AWACS to fill that need.
This is a airplane available with Advanced Flight that has a vision
of 5.  I uploaded it to freeciv/incoming as awacs.tar.gz.  It can be untared
in the data directory to replace the data there with the data including
the awacs (I could generate a patch if that is prefered (the -u patch was
bigger than the tar file however)).

Comments?

Should it be added?

I am unsure of the copyright on the file I used to generate the engels
plane.  It has been scaled by atleast a quarter and had some image processing
done to it.  I can draw a new version if there is interest in adding the unit.

--
Josh Cogliati
jjc@xxxxxxxxx