Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-data: January 2001:
[freeciv-data] Re: [Freeciv-Dev] revised Civ strategy

To: freeciv-data@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [freeciv-data] Re: [Freeciv-Dev] revised Civ strategy
From: "R. Miller" <richere@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 12 Jan 2001 11:07:37 -0500

At 23:03 01-01-11 +0100, Maciej Czapkiewicz <geczapki@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  wrote:
<snip>
>BTW, I created two new units -
>cart (req. Wheel) with transport_cap=2
>and Truck (req. combustion) with transport_cap=4.
>This side effect work nice! It is usefull for
>faster movement of slow or wounded units.

I really like your ideas of the cart and the  truck.
I would suggest the following "improvements":

Create the Ambulance -  can only carry wounded units back to a city
(not towards front lines) for rehabilitation.

How about a field Hospital - acts like Port Facility for ships -
wounded ground units are repaired in a single turn (or maybe just accelerated).

I believe it is a Geneva Convention rule that in war ambulances (or vehicles
identified by a Red Cross, or a Red Crescent ?) can only carry the wounded
and cannot be attacked. Maybe someone can confirm or correct?

Robaire