Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-data: August 2000:
[freeciv-data] Re: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: Nations classification again

To: freeciv-data@xxxxxxxxxxx (Freeciv data/)
Subject: [freeciv-data] Re: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: Nations classification again
From: Reinier Post <rp@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 8 Aug 2000 23:31:50 +0200

On Tue, Aug 08, 2000 at 09:23:04PM +0200, Tomasz Wegrzanowski wrote:

> This is not ``categorise nations by skin colour''.
> This categorization goes by ethnic groups and is objective.

Depends on what you mean by 'ethnic group'.  As soon as you want
to be very specific you'll run into definitional problems.
I don't mind a 'sloppy' categorization into 'ethnicity' if
having it would improve the game, but I don't see how it does.

> I always wonder why some people try to stop others from doing things that
> don't harm them in any way ...

The endless discussions this categorization will generate are harmful
enough by themselves.  They are guaranteed to continue forever.

--
Reinier