Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-data: August 2000:
[freeciv-data] Re: Minor adjustment of Norwegian flags and shield....

To: Jeff Mallatt <jjm@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: freeciv-data@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [freeciv-data] Re: Minor adjustment of Norwegian flags and shield....
From: Big Gaute <gs234@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 6 Aug 2000 18:15:09 +0100 (BST)

On Sun, 6 Aug 2000, Jeff Mallatt wrote:

>More, because of the problem of conflicts between patches not being
>resolvable, I prefer flags to be submitted in stand-alone .xpm files.  Just
>put all your new flags for a given tileset into a single, small .xpm file
>(using the correct palette is best, otherwise when I impose the correct
>palette colors may change badly).

<STUPID QUESTION> Why not keep all the flags in one long column,
rather than having several in each row?  The main disadvantage (unless
there is some xpm magic that I don't know about) would be that this
layout doesn't look good when you load it all into the GIMP or
whatever, but if the preferred form for new flags as well as fixes to
old ones is a small xpm file then this wouldn't be much of an issue.
</STUPID QUESTION>

>The Freeciv web site has info about submitting new nations, and the
>part about flags applies to submitting fixes as well:
><http://www.freeciv.org/rtsets.html>.

Maybe there should be a link to this page from
<http://www.freeciv.org/contribute.html> ?

--
Big Gaute (not to be confused with LG)
"There was a time when a guy who died at forty was revered as the toughest