Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-data: August 2000:
[freeciv-data] Re: [Freeciv-Dev] New Nazi cityset attached [W ARNING CHI

To: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Cc: "'freeciv-data@xxxxxxxxxxx'" <freeciv-data@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [freeciv-data] Re: [Freeciv-Dev] New Nazi cityset attached [W ARNING CHILDREN - THINK TWICE BEFORE OPENING]
From: Peteris Paikens <peteris@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 4 Aug 2000 09:21:52 +0200

 Well come on, Nazi's did exist. And if freeciv ever is going to have a WWII
scenario, those flags will anyway be there. Having in is lists a Nazi
nation does not mean supporting Nazi ideology. Every WWII wargame haz the
flags.
 When will people stop taking Holocaust so panically? It is history. It is
not the first, not the last, and not the biggest case of mass-genocide. It
is the most shamelessly and proudly organized probably, and the most known,
sure, but that does not mean like poeple have to pretend it does not exist.
 Most great nations of history have used slavery. Most conquerers, starting
from stone age, ending with nowadays(think Balkans), either killed or
enslaved many from the conquered nations. There are other cases of
mass-genocide 20th century.
Tell me, in what way the Nazi's should be special, in that all nations get
included, and they don't.
Those poeple that are offended by admitting that 60 years ago there was a
nation with such name and flags should get a life.

(Disclaimer : I don't really care about them getting included, I then that
there are too much nations in the selection screen now, but if historical
nations DO get included, as it is now, then I support consistency.)