Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-data: August 2000:
[freeciv-data] Re: Fascism units and techs-only patch

To: freeciv-data@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [freeciv-data] Re: Fascism units and techs-only patch
From: Mathias Hasselmann <Mathias.Hasselmann@xxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 03 Aug 2000 01:49:34 +0200

Tomasz Wegrzanowski wrote:

> On Wed, Aug 02, 2000 at 05:12:58PM +0200, Niels Weber wrote:
> > Panzer isn't Nazi-related, it's just the german word for armor / tank.
> > So "Heavy Tank" would be much better.
> > (Otherwise "Panzer" and "Armour" would lead to the same translation.)
>
> You're right.

BTW - I'm not the history guru - but weren't velocity and the point
that the victims had no tanks the reason for the German tank's
superiority? (And not that they were heavily armored?)

> > > particular, the German cross in the Panzer image should be removed to
> > > make the tank more generic.  The "SS" symbol in the SS Troops image is
> > > probably inflammatory to some, but I'm not sure what to do with it.
> >
> > And to the "SS"-runes applies the same law as to the swastika,
> > so the use of them would outlaw freeciv in Germany.
>
> No, it wouldn't.

Tomasz, please stop to post lies.
--
PGP: 1024-Bit DSA: ID 55E572F3, 1024-Bit RSA: ID EAAF7CF1
WWW: http://www.informatik.hu-berlin.de/~hasselma/