Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-ai: January 2005:
[freeciv-ai] Re: (PR#11777) Cleanup of AI tech code

Subject: [freeciv-ai] Re: (PR#11777) Cleanup of AI tech code
From: "Per I. Mathisen" <per@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 7 Jan 2005 04:34:55 -0800

On Fri, 7 Jan 2005, Mateusz Stefek wrote:
> >From cvs log:
> Backport: Divide tech want used in AI diplomacy exchange calculations by
> game turn, as tech want is a value that is continually accumulated, and
> in late games you mightsee the AI exchanging nearly all its cities for
> a few techs. Fix is part of PR#11777.
>
> What happens after saving & loading?

As with most old AI code, this value is reset on savegame load, and is not
saved. That will, of course, lead to greatly different tech want trees
before and after save... but do we really care anymore? As I asked in
another post - should we really try to keep AI data the same across
savegames? I think this is going to be very hard unless we place some hard
restrictions on AI data, or lift any restrictions on savegame size...