Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-ai: November 2004:
[freeciv-ai] Re: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: (PR#10555) Barbarians building wonder

To: dj67@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [freeciv-ai] Re: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: (PR#10555) Barbarians building wonders
From: "Per I. Mathisen" <per@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 22 Nov 2004 06:11:18 -0800

On Sun, 21 Nov 2004, Marko Lindqvist wrote:
> I got "The Barbarians have started building Great Library in At Taif"
> message, reproducible from savegame.

The barbarian takes a city, cannot continue producing what the city
produces, and so looks for a new item to produce, but the AI code finds
none (being barred from producing most stuff as barbarian). So the
production advisor ends up giving it a random item, in this case the Great
Library.

The problem lies in the taking city code running the AI building advisor
in the first place, I think. For barbarians, who almost never build any
buildings (at least they shouldn't), it would make a lot more sense to run
the military advisor instead. However, running any advisor at this stage
for an AI is pointless - we will discard this info on turn end and redo
the calculations anyway!

So I guess for AIs we should just set production to a default production
(capitalization?), and let it redo it on turn end.