Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-ai: October 2004:
[freeciv-ai] (PR#10203) Greedy CM algorithm

To: undisclosed-recipients: ;
Subject: [freeciv-ai] (PR#10203) Greedy CM algorithm
From: "Per I. Mathisen" <per@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 12 Oct 2004 15:16:33 -0700

[bhudson - Ons. 06. Okt. 2004 02:52:13]:
> Bugfix.  It's now consistently faster, and always correct.  In over 50
> games, the BB code takes 75% of the time of the DP code, pretty much
> on every query.

Your patch is very interesting. I am not sure about the API. The less
accurate function also rearranges everything, does it not? Though it
may have its uses (easy AI? barbarians? civil war?), I was looking for
a way to set only one new citizen while the rest remain as is, and saw
no way to do that. I thought this was part of the patch?

Also, can you send a patch that does not include the old cm code, and
that makes the necessary changes to the rest of the code
(auto_arrange_workers)?