Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-ai: September 2004:
[freeciv-ai] (PR#10005) stupid AI fortifies their attacker

To: undisclosed-recipients: ;
Subject: [freeciv-ai] (PR#10005) stupid AI fortifies their attacker
From: "Jason Short via RT" <jdorje@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 9 Sep 2004 21:01:49 -0700

In the savegame (attached separately) I have just founded Kericho.
Unbeknownst to me there was an enemy chariot two tiles away.  This
chariot must have been there for a long time (since back when we were
allied) since my frontier cities have been there for a long time.  But
the chariot didn't swoop down to the southeast into my woefully
undefended interior cities, nor did it retreat back northwest into my
adequately defended frontier cities.  I guess it just sat their
fortified the whole time?

After founding the city, the chariot still doesn't move in to take it
undefended.  Instead it sits there fortified until I come kill it.

I'm playing under a modified version of the effects patch.

jason