Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-ai: September 2004:
[freeciv-ai] (PR#9887) AI defense code

To: undisclosed-recipients: ;
Subject: [freeciv-ai] (PR#9887) AI defense code
From: "Per I. Mathisen" <per@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 1 Sep 2004 05:15:42 -0700

> [glip - Wed Sep 01 04:59:04 2004]:
> But I played around with savegames and found a situation where
> kill_desire is negative but the real (i.e. taking exact win_chance into
> account) average is slightly positive.  The situation is a musketeer in
> the city, a fortified Warriors on a mountain adjacent.

Note that the last defender(s) in a city should not take much risks at
all. But this should not be rampage's job. We should write some code
into the function that handles AIUNIT_DEFEND_HOME to ensure we handle
last defenders correctly.

My movemap patch should come in handy there, since we need to know how
many enemies can gang up on the city next turn, before we can adequately
tell what risks we can or should take.