Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-ai: June 2004:
[freeciv-ai] Re: Starting the implementation of the AI client

To: freeciv-ai@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [freeciv-ai] Re: Starting the implementation of the AI client
From: "Guillermo Lopez Alejos" <100030179@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 25 Jun 2004 15:58:03 +0200 (CEST)

> In fact you should probably start with a "cp -r gui-stub gui-ai".
>
> However I don't think you'll get very far with this approach.  The GUI
> hooks are at too high of a level to work for the AI.  For the CMA and
> other agents Raimar has had to add new hooks.  But I don't really
> understand the situation well enough to say for sure.
>
> jason

I know that building an AI program will be harder with the information
that a GUI can provide, but that's the idea, have a program that take
decisions with the same information that a human player has. Such
interface will allow to make the AI program using CLIPS or a more
appropiate language than C.

Now the agents; if I have understand correctly, they're programs that
perfom small tasks (like moving a unit from A to B, etc...). I've traced
 an action of the CMA (now I don't remeber what action) and it didn't
notified the server what was it doing... I wonder if that's desirable (I
think it could cause data inconsistency). Perhaps, I've not understand
some details of this client / server structure.

To start building this interface, I need to know a few things more:
    - How the agents affect a GUI
    - What parts of the game are syncrhonous and what asyncrhonous
    - The correct return value of the functions in "gui-stub/"

Well, I've got too many questions... hum, perhaps this isn't the correct
list to post about this topic, better in freeciv-dev?.

Thanks and regards,

--
Guillermo López Alejos - N.I.A. 100030179
Universidad Carlos III de Madrid