Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-ai: June 2004:
[freeciv-ai] Re: Starting the implementation of the AI client side inter

Cc: Guillermo Lopez Alejos <100030179@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, freeciv-ai@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [freeciv-ai] Re: Starting the implementation of the AI client side interface
From: Jason Dorje Short <jdorje@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 24 Jun 2004 20:55:45 -0400

Per Inge Mathisen wrote:
On Thu, 24 Jun 2004, Guillermo Lopez Alejos wrote:

To do this I need to know how the UI and the client speak one each
other. I've been digging in the client code and I guess that everything
I need is in "client/include". Is this true?.

In a way. You may want to look at client/gui-stub/, which contains
function stubs for everything that you need to build a new client.

In fact you should probably start with a "cp -r gui-stub gui-ai".

However I don't think you'll get very far with this approach. The GUI hooks are at too high of a level to work for the AI. For the CMA and other agents Raimar has had to add new hooks. But I don't really understand the situation well enough to say for sure.

jason