Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-ai: April 2004:
[freeciv-ai] Re: Simple AI Modifications

To: freeciv-ai@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [freeciv-ai] Re: Simple AI Modifications
From: "Guillermo Lopez Alejos" <100030179@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 7 Apr 2004 12:42:19 +0200 (CEST)

Hi,

I've studied a little this part of the code (because my final career
project is based on it).

> I've downloaded the code from freeciv.org and have
> tried to figure out what is going on through source
> code and the README.ai file but am not having too much
> luck in gaining a good understanding of what is going
> on.
>
> So my question is whether there are good resources
> available to help me get started? I couldn't really
> find too much information through google relating to
> this type of issue.

I had the same problem when I arrived here a year ago. I've written a
few docs that can help you. They are at
ftp://ftp.freeciv.org//pub/freeciv/incoming/ and the file names are:
analysis.pdf.gz, fc-analysis.tgz and model.tgz.

analysis.pdf.gz

I tryed to have a reference to FreeCiv source. I hope this file will
give you a global perspective of the project.

fc-analysis.tgz, model.tgz

This is the analysis of the project I'm currently working on. I think
this could be useful to you. Read it and ask questions :)

By the way, I have all the LaTeX sources of these docs, If anyone wants
them...

Bye,

--
Guillermo López Alejos - N.I.A. 100030179
Universidad Carlos III de Madrid