Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-ai: March 2004:
[freeciv-ai] Alliances & war

To: freeciv-ai@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [freeciv-ai] Alliances & war
From: Jordi Negrevernis i Font <jorneg@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 27 Mar 2004 01:10:33 +0100

   This is a good one...

I'm in alliance - without teams. And i want to declare war against an ally and i don't want the other allies to go against me in a war.

I break the alliance agreement with the choosen one. Then, in peace with this former ally, I bribe a city and more as needed, until this civilization declare war on me. So, the alliance declares war against the one to attacks.

So, the attacked civilization is taken out of the alliance and declared in war. This is not fear.

   There is a way to detect this? Maybe with 'reason to cancel' variable?

And another... Why if an ally declares war with another ally, you must declare war on the agressor? In the NATO, if Greece declare war on Turquey, the alliance does nothing.