Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-ai: January 2004:
[freeciv-ai] (PR#7076) AI Passengers counting ...

To: chrisk@xxxxxxxxx, mikon@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [freeciv-ai] (PR#7076) AI Passengers counting ...
From: "Gregory Berkolaiko" <Gregory.Berkolaiko@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 24 Jan 2004 16:52:28 -0800

> [chrisk@xxxxxxxxx - Tue Dec 09 17:31:29 2003]:
>
> CVS HEAD 09 DEC 2003 GTK 1
>
> Spiel gespeichert als 'training-1050.sav.gz'
> >
> 1: Saladin's Trireme[169] (59,1)->(55,8){0,0} AI Passengers counting
> reported false positive 1

After much staring at the code, I discovered that enemy can block the
route, or the passenger might be waiting on a shore of an internal sea.
 So this is not a big error.

Still, the best system is where both passengers look for boats and boats
look for passenegers.  This is coming...

In the meantime, here is a patch that fixes some minor and major
glitches.  The prize goes to the bug where ferryboats would try to pick
up _any_ passengers, even an enemy!

Thanks to all who provided the savegames,