Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-ai: November 2003:
[freeciv-ai] Re: (PR#6595) Optimize/reimplement CM

To: undisclosed-recipients: ;
Subject: [freeciv-ai] Re: (PR#6595) Optimize/reimplement CM
From: "Raimar Falke" <i-freeciv-lists@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 11 Nov 2003 11:49:27 -0800

On Tue, Nov 11, 2003 at 10:56:28AM -0800, Guest wrote:
> Of course, this approach blurs the difference between long-term and
> short-term/immediate goals, but if the implementation allows for such
> planning, it will at least result it better use of tiles. It will also
> shorten the shorter execution time needed to find an 'optimal' solution,
> since you don't need to consider integer programming, but instead you
> have to keep a record of the planned tile usage and use time to update
> the city tiles every turn (possibly). I don't know what the net effect
> on execution time would be, but the idea will at least solve the
> potensially very difficult integer programming problem.

I don't favor such a way. Maybe this produce better results in the
long run the maintainability is reduced by such huge amount of
interconnected code which also will have to hold state. IMHO one
reason why the adaption of the CMA/CM to the server was rather quick
and painless that it doesn't hold state and has a simple
you-ask-I-answer interface.

So build another module on top of CM which adjusts the weights in a
smart way to use the foodbox as buffer.

        Raimar

--
 email: rf13@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
 "USENET is *not* the non-clickable part of WWW!"