Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-ai: October 2003:
[freeciv-ai] Re: (PR#6308) Cleanup of ferry handling

To: undisclosed-recipients: ;
Subject: [freeciv-ai] Re: (PR#6308) Cleanup of ferry handling
From: "Gregory Berkolaiko" <Gregory.Berkolaiko@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 1 Oct 2003 06:46:48 -0700

On Wed, 1 Oct 2003, Per I. Mathisen wrote:

> The
>
>   boat_reg.psngrs - boat_reg.boats;
>
> algorithm is no good. What we are deducting here is merely the amount of
> ferries we haven't gotten around to sending off to pick up someone yet.
> With a good ai_manage_units(), this number should be ~0.

I am not sure you correctly understand the meaning of the numbers, but you
are right, it produces wrong answers.

We will need 4 stats:
1. The number of available passengers at any given moment.
2. The number of available boats at any given moment.
3. The number of passengers who were looking for baots (successful or
not) this turn.
4. The number of boats who were looking for passangers this turn.

The use of the first 2 numbers is clear --- so we don't do expensive PFing
when there are no p/b to be found.

The use of the last two for build planning, and should be somehow
averaged.

I think these stats should be kept in AI data.