Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-ai: October 2003:
[freeciv-ai] Re: (PR#6308) Cleanup of ferry handling

To: Gregory.Berkolaiko@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [freeciv-ai] Re: (PR#6308) Cleanup of ferry handling
From: "Per I. Mathisen" <per@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 1 Oct 2003 03:02:27 -0700

The

  boat_reg.psngrs - boat_reg.boats;

algorithm is no good. What we are deducting here is merely the amount of
ferries we haven't gotten around to sending off to pick up someone yet.
With a good ai_manage_units(), this number should be ~0.

What we should look at is (total no. passengers waiting / total no.
ferries in existence). Or something. I think we might want to add want and
also virtual passengers, and 'I considered going by ferry but since there
was so much congestion I decided not to' should also counted.

I'll look at it and see I come up with something better.