Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-ai: September 2003:
[freeciv-ai] Re: (PR#5633) Order of AI activities.

To: per@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [freeciv-ai] Re: (PR#5633) Order of AI activities.
From: "ue80@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx" <ue80@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 11 Sep 2003 10:57:15 -0700

On Thu, Sep 11, 2003 at 09:40:27AM -0700, Gregory Berkolaiko wrote:
> On Mon, 1 Sep 2003, ue80@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
>
> > I think it's possible to split up some of the AI-activities.
> >
> > A human has to rethink about his moved units when he sees new enemy
> > units in front of his city. (Double turns)
> >
> > And i think the same is true for the AI. When i land with a transport
> > full of horses and the AI can't do anything after i've done that the AI
> > will never have a chance to beat me. (Ok the same is true for humans
> > with AI-double turns ...)
>
> I am working under assumption that when you play against the AI, you want
> a strictly turn-based game.  I certainly do.  And humans don't have a
> chance to react to AIs moves, so why should AI have the privelege?

That's hard to decide if i want a blocked moves or not.

 - There shouldn't be differences between a game human/human and
   human/AI

 - As human i want to have to react when an ememy unit is in front of my
   city.

A turn is really long, and with end-of-turn and begin-of-turn moving an
AI can kill very much in very short time, a human can't handle more then
2-3 units in short time, but AI ... especially teamed AIs ...

We have concurrent moving, i think AI should be able to do it so.

How should an AI work which isn't on the server?

Thomas
--
Thomas Strub  ***  eMail ue80@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
jb: people are stupid, they don't want to learn.