Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-ai: August 2003:
[freeciv-ai] Re: (PR#5633) Order of AI activities.

To: per@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [freeciv-ai] Re: (PR#5633) Order of AI activities.
From: "Jason Short" <jdorje@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 31 Aug 2003 12:38:26 -0700

Gregory Berkolaiko wrote:
> This was discussed over IRC and we came to an agreement that AI
> activities should be all performed in one place, either in the end of
> the turn or in the beginning.  Now I started implementing it and thought
> of a good reason not to do it.
>
> It has to do with urgent purchase of defenders.

AI movement should (must) all occur in the same place.  Other AI actions
(like purchasing) may be done elsewhere, but I'm not sure this will
solve all possible problems (I can imagine there might be a whole class
of problems similar to the purchase-of-defenders one).

One thing that would solve the problems is if AI end-of-turn activities
(like production) were done at the end of the AI turn, and human
end-of-turn activities at the end of the human turn.  This would
generalize well into an alternating-turn Freeciv.  But even then the AI
should be able to make non-movement actions at any time.

jason